Sunday, July 3, 2011

Nasri: ´I want to win something´



Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri has given his strongest hint yet that he will leave the Emirates by saying silverware trumps all, including money.

Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri has given his strongest hint yet that he will leave the Emirates by saying silverware trumps all, including money.

Nasri is holding out on signing a new deal at the Gunners, who may be forced to sell the France international in the off-season transfer window or risk losing him for nothing in 12 months.

His refusal to enter contract talks was seen by some as a cynical move to force a bigger payday from Arsenal, and reported big-money offers from Manchester United and Manchester City have done little to contradict that observation.

But Nasri is adamant he does not care about money, saying he would much rather finish his career with winners' medals than a fat bank account.

"Money has never been my motivation. I have always taken decisions from a football point of view," he told the News of the World newspaper.

"I don't want to sign for a club where I wouldn't be playing the football that I like, where I wouldn't feel happy, just for the sake of money."

"We already earn huge wages. The priority is to make a big career and to win titles. This is more important than everything else. I know the value and the meaning of money."

"You have to be able to evolve with a new way of living, keeping respect to my values. Family, friends, a good agent, it all helps you not to get carried away.

"With no titles under your belt, you can't be in the list for the Ballon D'Or. I came to England to get trophies because I haven't won anything in my career, apart from an Under-17 European Championship in 2004."

"I am hungry for titles. I play football because I love this sport and want to feel the emotion of winning. Lifting a trophy all together, this is the beauty and sense of team sports."

Nasri has spent three barren seasons with Arsenal, who have not won a trophy since their 2005 FA Cup triumph.

He is one of several players reportedly readying their transfer requests at the Emirates, along with Cesc Fabregas, Gael Clichy, Andrey Arshavin and Robin van Persie.

No comments:

Post a Comment